So today I’m all by myself. CandyBarbie is working. Parents are in Santa Clara. My sister and George are partying somewhere without me. Colin is running the 1st team at 9er’s camp. Even Sammy is staying away from me (I think he’s getting too hot or something).
But even so, I still find ways to entertain myself. How so? Well first I swam, then I laid out, then I swam some more, then I got some booze to drink, and then I turned to twitter. And my camera. It’s a fun and easy way to pass the time. You can check out my tweets (and twitpics) at @darthkaepernick
While speaking of twitter, I thought I would share some of my favorite tweeters as well as some things I like and don’t like about twitter.
I follow 86 people. That’s more than I want to follow. I don’t know why, but I don’t really like following a lot of people. Actually I do know why. Because I don’t like my timeline to be overwhelming. I’ve actually unfollowed some friends and people I like because they just tweet way the hell too much. It’s like in movies when someone gets super powers and they can hear other people’s thoughts, but then it’s a curse because they can’t make it stop….well that’s what some people are like on twitter. Everything that pops into their head they tweet. But I can make it stop, so I do…click…unfollowed!
When I choose to follow someone, I do so because they are either someone I know personally OR I have realized over enough time that they consistently tweet funny or amusing things or information I like to know. Or possibly they are my family’s friends and I will follow them. The only other reason I typically would follow someone is because they are a good-looking girl. This may be pretty ridiculous, but I’m a guy and that’s what guys do. And girls do it to. If you look at CandyBarbies following list, I’m certain there are a lot of pretty girls on there relative to other forms of human beings.
Probably the best people to follow on twitter are people who are care free and fun and just enjoy living life. It’s fun to read people’s rants, but it’s not fun to read people who just complain and pout all the time. There is a difference.
So anyway, here are a list of some of my favorite tweeters who I follow that may be slightly lesser known to some (family excluded):
- @misslindsaykaep obviously! Also known on this blog as its creator and author, CandyBarbie.
- @jasonstrauss owns a bunch of nightclubs and travels around the world. He doesn’t tweet a ton, but when he does it’s usually something interesting (like when he paid $45 for a Corona in Monte Carlo and decided he was operating in the wrong country).
- @cosmopolitan_LV they tweet some interesting artsy stuff on top of their hotel and casino deals. And frequently respond too!
- @MarqueeLV for the pictures alone. People say, “what would you do if you won the lotto”…probably party here every night!
- @Norme_Clarke who is a gossip columnist LVRJ and frequently posts gossip about the things going on in Nevada.
- @Rhianmarie is a UK Model who frequently writes a lot of things that could just as easily be CandyBarbie saying them!
- @mattbarrows is the 49ers blogger from the SacBee who writes a lot of good things about @kaepernick7.
- @lauracroft83 easily the funniest girl tweeter I follow! Thanks to CandyBarbie for putting me on to following her.
I know CandyBarbie follows some different people than I do and has her own list I’m sure. She also has gotten a number of responses from celebrities where as I’ve only gotten one or two. Girls just seem to like other girls better I guess.
That’s all for me today. I’m turning this thing back over to CandyBarbie. I have to go to Chipotle and get us some dinner. If you follow me on twitter, lets pray it doesn’t turn out like my last Chipotle trip!