We got back to the Cosmopolitan and headed up to our suite to host my birthday party after eating at Sugar Factory. Yay!
And one of the presents came in the form of a new best friend:
Meet Alan the Alpaca
And of course I got lots of Barbie stuff from everyone!
We all spent a lot of time on the balcony enjoying the night version of the Bellagio Fountain show.
While out on the balcony, there was a knock at the door. Finally my birthday cake had arrived! And it turned out awesome! I didn’t know anything about it other than it was coming from a local Las Vegas bakery, Gimme Some Sugar. The owners of GSS do many celebrity cakes for nightclub parties and such, so I felt I was in good company. The cake was butter white with cookies’n'cream cream cheese filling. Yum! He also got me a couple of batches of cake pops for everyone to enjoy. And they were delicious! Strawberry Bomb and Confetti Cake….perfect party flavors!
Sugar Factory, Dylan's Candy Bar, Christian Louboutin, Barbie, and Me!
Excuse me while I eat this cake pop....
After the cake and cake pops, we hung out and told funny stories including some from Rickmeister that even Ky-Ky had never heard. Many stories and several drinks (each!) later, we decided it was time to continue the par-tay downstairs. Between the slot machines and an abundance of live music, we relaxed, had some more drinks and just enjoyed each others company.
Half of the party crew found their way into this pic
I absolutely cannot divulge anything more….you know what they say….
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!
Filed under Extras, Trips
In honor of my impending birthday weekend, I am going to share with you all some of my favorite things Vegas! Las Vegas is a great destination for so many reasons. Yes, it is nicknamed ‘Sin City’ but it really has so much more to offer. Aside from it’s most obvious attraction (gambling!) here are some other reasons to hit the Las Vegas desert:
- Five-star dining. The Las Vegas Strip is chock-full of fantastic restaurants! From authentic French to plain ’ol American burgers, the cuisine choices are endless! And not all of them are crazy-expensive, either!
- Shows, shows, shows! Any kind of show you might want to see is in Vegas! Musicals, Burlesque, Dancing, Comedy, Cirque, Magic, Impersonations, Variety, etc. Las Vegas has every.single.show. imaginable!
- Shopping! From the lower-end variety (Forever 21, H&M) to totally upscale (Cartier, Louis Vuitton) you could most certainly shop ’til you drop! Vegas has malls, boutiques and outlets! There is literally something for everyone.
- Night life!! *Fist Pump* Las Vegas is a nightclub-hub! Some of the best nightclubs in the world are in Vegas. Examples: Tao and XS. Tao is a big hot-spot for celeb parties and always has a huge line of people waiting to get in. XS is a million-dollar club and is the biggest in all Vegas. I’ve never been to XS, but I hear it is gorgeous and packed with beautiful people! And, if clubbing isn’t your thang, there are many other options! Lounges, bars and sports pubs are everywhere!
- The wax museum! Madame Tussauds Wax Museum is located just outside The Venetian and is a total blast! You can take pictures with all of your favorite celebrities, and they usually offer a two-for-one price break when you purchase tickets at the door. I have been many times, and it is still fun, each and every time I visit! My favorite wax-celeb to pose with? Hugh Hefner! You get to crawl up onto his bed and he puts his arm around you! It is totally hilarious!
- Site-seeing. All of it’s “sinful” qualities aside, there are some really fun and amazing sites to see while in Las Vegas. Number one on my list: Hoover Dam. I’ve never been, and I want to. It is supposed to be incredible. And you can even take Kayak tours of Hoover Dam! Vegas is also home to the world-famous Fremont Street. Las Vegas came to be in 1905 and Fremont Street was the first paved street. Visit Fremont Street for ‘Fremont Experience’ and really get a feel for vintage Vegas. Exotic car rentals are another big attraction in Vegas! Vehicles available for rent: Ferrari’s , Lamborghini’s, and Aston Martin’s! Take one out for the day and just cruise! And, if you are into history, head over to The Luxor for the Titanic Exhibit. This exhibit offers more than 300 artifacts from the ship itself!
Obviously this is just a quick list of some fun options Vegas offers. I am going to get back to you all later to fill you in on my most favorite shows and places in Las Vegas! I am heading over to the salon to get my hair done for this weekend….MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!! Woo!
Happy Friday guys and dolls!